ICoCA (The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Providers’ Association)
In 2015, Continuity received acceptance of ICoCA (The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Providers’ Association) membership.
The ICoCA page can be found here.
The Membership location is here.
You can download ICoCA certification here.
This Certification acknowledges that Continuity plays an important role in protecting state and non-state clients engaged in relief, recovery, and reconstruction efforts; commercial business operations; diplomacy and military activity. These services will provide positive benefits for our clients, the local population in our areas of operation, the general security environment and adherence of human rights and the rule of law as defined by ICoCA.
The “Respect, Protect, Remedy” framework was developed by the Special Representative of the United Nations (UN) Secretary General on Business and Human Rights and welcomed by the UN Human Rights Council.
Continuity affirms that it has a responsibility to respect the human rights of and fulfill humanitarian responsibilities towards all those affected by their business activities, including Personnel, Clients, suppliers, shareholders and the population of the area in which our services are provided. Continuity also recognizes the importance of respecting the various cultures encountered in their work, as well as the individuals they come into contact with as a result of those activities.
The work of the ICoC Association is currently supported by the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF).
MSS Global/UKAS Certifications
Please find below the links to Continuity’s respective certifications:
- MSS Global Certificate – ISO 18788:2015
- MSS Global Certificate – ANSI/ASIS PSC-1:2012
- MSS Global Certificate – BS EN ISO 9001:2015
Professional Certifications for Continuity:
Continuity provides security services for U.S. Embassies, U.S. Consulates, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Peace Corps, the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), the U.S. Department of Defense, the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), other critical U.S. missions and organizations and Fortune 500 companies. We provide critical services in Africa, Asia, the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East including high threat areas such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan, Colombia and Central Africa.
ANSI/ASIS PSC.1-2012 Quality Assurance Management System Standard (PSC.1) and ISO 18788:2015 Management System for Private Security Operations Standard (ISO 18788)
Continuity GS has completed the process of obtaining the PSC.1 and ISO 18788 certifications for implementing Quality Assurance Management Systems and Procedures that collectively provide a robust Quality Assurance Management System (QAMS).
The QAMS represents conformance to the requirements of the PSC.1 and ISO 18788 for all our operational and business activities. Continuity has also implemented measures to manage the risks related to its subcontracted and outsourced business operations to ensure all business operations within the management system scope are conducted in accordance with the principles and good practices of the International Code of Conduct (ICoC) and Montreux Document.
These QAMS Standards build on the principles found in international human rights law and international humanitarian law. QAMS Standard provides a means for Continuity and their clients, to implement and provide demonstrable commitment, conformance and accountability to respect correct business ethics, structure and principles outlined in the International Code of Conduct (ICoC).
These QAMS Standards encourage organizations to analyze organizational and stakeholder requirements and define processes that contribute to success. A management system provides the framework for continual improvement and consideration of local policies, culture, actions or changes that influence the state of the organization as a whole and its environment. The component parts of a system can best be understood in the context of relationships with each other, rather than in isolation. Therefore, a management system examines the linkages and interactions between the elements that compose the entirety of the system. The management systems approach systematically defines activities necessary to obtain desired results and establishes clear responsibility and accountability for managing key activities. This QAMS Standard provides requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an organization’s management system for quality assurance for business services. An organization needs to identify and manage many activities in order to function effectively. Any activity that enables the transformation of inputs into outputs, uses resources and is formally managed, can be considered a process.
Enhanced Corporate and Contract Staffing Work Quality Control
Through the QAMS, Continuity has enhanced its overall corporate and contracting quality control and quality assurance plan (QCP). It has updated its internal QCP to inspect, report, remediate and improve its services to its customers. The QCP includes QC policies, processes, procedures, standards of performance and metrics for performance measurement. It also includes methods and tools to record, report and remediate defective services and to eliminate recurring and systemic deficiencies within the organization.
- Continuity is a Central Contractor Registration (CCR) registered business
- Continuity is a U.S. SBA Pronet registered business
- 488190 Other Support Activities for Air Transportation
- 518210 Data Processing, Hosting, And Related Services
- 532411 Commercial Air, Rail, And Water Transportation Equipment Rental and Leasing
- 541219 Other Accounting Services
- 541330 Engineering Services
- 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services
- 541519 Other Computer Related Services
- 541611 Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
- 541612 Human Resources Consulting Services
- 541614 Process, Physical Distribution, And Logistics Consulting Services
- 541618 Other Management Consulting Services
- 541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- 541720 Research and Development in The Social Sciences and Humanities
- 541910 Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling
- 541930 Translation and Interpretation Services
- 541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, And Technical Services
- 561110 Executive and Office Management Facilities Support Services
- 561612 Security Guards and Patrol Services
- 611699 All Other Miscellaneous Schools and Instruction
- 611710 Educational Support Services